Zemfirka Blogs

Book lover, reviewer, blogger... <3

Visit me @ Zemfirka Blogs or Nocturnal Book Reviews

***

I read a variety of genres but tend to favor romantic fiction, whether paranormal, steampunk, or historical. Some dystopian, UF, and even an occasional mystery might make their way onto my reading list. Otherwise, anything that sounds quirky and fun goes! :)

Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2)

Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2) - Kym Grosso For this and other reviews please visit Zemfirka Blogs...

Fun, light and very sexy read!

The second book in the Immortals of New Orleans series picks up right where the first left off. Kym’s first novel was quite entertaining and made a perfect introduction into this dark and sexy world of vampires, werewolves, and witches. So, having finished Kade’s novel awhile back, I had it in mind to quench my curiosity further. As time and opportunity presented themselves, I didn’t hesitate and picked up Luca’s Magic Embrace to learn more of the sexy vampire Luca Macquarie and his love interest to-be, Samantha.

I was not disappointed. It was an entertaining and at times, very steamy read, with some elements of mystery, magic and of course romance. Luca and Samantha took center stage as they dealt with unknown enemies, their beliefs and situations, as well as their growing feelings towards each other. I really liked Luca’s character from prior novel and was eager to have him in the spotlight – and he does shine here, as a true alpha. While Samantha was playing the victim a bit much for my taste, her character also had chance to develop and grow, even rocking some of her new-found powers.

There were some new characters to add to the mix that will most likely have roles to play in the future books. Speaking of new characters, Leopold was quiet a character, and I’m certain there is more to come from him. For now, he is still surrounded by enough mystery, as this was not his time to shine, but I’m sure he got a fan base already.

I thought this was a great follow-up novel and I could certainly see Kym developing the characters, layering more intricate details and creating interesting plots, and let’s not forget the steamy bits. I still felt the dialogues were a bit stiff and the characters’ inner thoughts were a bit too detailed for my taste. Nonetheless, this was a quick and satisfying read. So, if you are in the market for just this type of romance novel, [Black Dagger Brotherhood anyone?] as was I, you’ve found a fun new series. For those looking for something drastically different, look elsewhere.

My Paris Kitchen: Recipes and Stories