Zemfirka Blogs

Book lover, reviewer, blogger... <3

Visit me @ Zemfirka Blogs or Nocturnal Book Reviews

***

I read a variety of genres but tend to favor romantic fiction, whether paranormal, steampunk, or historical. Some dystopian, UF, and even an occasional mystery might make their way onto my reading list. Otherwise, anything that sounds quirky and fun goes! :)

The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones #2) - Helen Fielding I've enjoy Bridget Jones movies very much, and have not read the books until very recently. I thought I'd give it a try, to see whether I liked the original as much as the film version of our heroine - Bridget Jones - and to my surprise I enjoyed the books as well. Although, coming to this book franchise after having watched the movies first, I must admit - I was looking for the books to follow the movies, which the first movie did, the second - not so much. After finishing The Edge of Reason, and it being so different from the film, I think I enjoyed this book more than the movie, because of its differences. The situations that Bridget got herself in were hilarious to read and the development of Mark Darcy's character was great. There are a great number of funny scenes and situations throughout this book. As everyone mentioned the Colin Firth interview - is very funny, and I was laughing out loud when Bridget was trying to buy a bikini:

"Saturday 19 July

129 lbs. (why? On bikini-purchase day, why?), confusing thoughts about Daniel: too many, bikini bottoms fitted into 1, bikini tops fitted into: half, rude thoughts about Prince William 22, no. of times wrote "Prince William and his lovely date Miss Bridget Jones at Ascot" on Hello! magazine 7.

6.30 p.m. Bloody, bloody, bloody. Have spent all day in changing rooms of Oxford Street trying to squeeze my breasts into bikini tops designed for people with breasts either arranged one on top of the other in the centre of their chests or one under each arm, with the harsh downlighting making me look like River Cafe frittata. Obvious solution is one-piece but then will return with already squashily textured stomach highlighted against rest of body by whiteness."

I enjoyed reading these books and would recommend it to anyone wanting a fun and light read.

My Paris Kitchen: Recipes and Stories