Zemfirka Blogs

Book lover, reviewer, blogger... <3

Visit me @ Zemfirka Blogs or Nocturnal Book Reviews

***

I read a variety of genres but tend to favor romantic fiction, whether paranormal, steampunk, or historical. Some dystopian, UF, and even an occasional mystery might make their way onto my reading list. Otherwise, anything that sounds quirky and fun goes! :)

Friends Without Benefits: An Unrequited Romance (Knitting in the City, #2)

Friends Without Benefits: An Unrequited Romance (Knitting in the City, #2) - Penny Reid For this review and more please visit Zemfirka Blogs.

You guys! This was such a sweet romance, full of antics and sincerity, insecurities, imperfections, smart and witty dialogue, and some very lovable characters. I have to admit I didn’t read the first in Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series but fortunately Friends Without Benefits can be enjoyed as a standalone [I love it when authors do that!] nonetheless you can be sure I’ll be reading other books by the author very soon.

Penny Reid delivers a sexy, laugh-out-loud funny romcom that will cheer you up and make you wish that you were part of this knitting group. Heck, even being absolutely incapable of the simplest mending job let alone knitting I still would want to be part of this group and friends with these fabulous ladies. They were smart, honest, supportive, pushy at all the right moments, and absolutely hilarious. I laughed, I almost cried, and I definitely awed, because humor and love are always a winning combination in my opinion and they are perfectly in balance here.

Nico and Elizabeth made for a perfect pair and their “two-steps-back, five-steps-forward” approach to their developing or rather reignited relationship was a delight to read about. Elizabeth’s hesitance and wary approach to her feelings and opinions of Nico and love in general were endearing. She struggled to make the right choices, stumbling into many mistakes along the way, but at the end her imperfections and insecurities, along with her compassion and sincerity made her character. Nico, on the hand, was undeniably alluring, charming, charismatic, and of course super sexy, but his vulnerability and persistence in chasing after the girl… I mean, c’mon! I wouldn’t be able to resist either! *swoon*

So, I don’t want to give any more details away or tell you the plot, but be assured that there are plenty of shenanigans, comical and bordering on unbelievable situations that make these 400 plus pages fly by. It is a delightful, light-hearted romance that I would happily recommend.

Happy Reading!