Zemfirka Blogs

Book lover, reviewer, blogger... <3

Visit me @ Zemfirka Blogs or Nocturnal Book Reviews

***

I read a variety of genres but tend to favor romantic fiction, whether paranormal, steampunk, or historical. Some dystopian, UF, and even an occasional mystery might make their way onto my reading list. Otherwise, anything that sounds quirky and fun goes! :)

Matched

Matched - Ally Condie OK. So, Matched is a dystopian YA romance. It follows Cassia as she starts to question her "perfect" life in the Society and it develops from there.
Dystopian YA novels are on the rise these days, and I, myself, have enjoyed reading similar books, but maybe the charm of these novels has started to wear off on me. "Matched", for some reason, could not capture my attention as much as other books did (such as, the Hunger Games, Divergent, etc.). I have finally gotten into the story (somewhat?) by the time there were only a couple chapters left in the book. That said, I think it was an OK book to read. I am planning to read the follow-up novel "Crossed" next, just because I am curious as to where Ally Condie is taking this story, but I am still not sold on whether "Reached" (the final novel in this trilogy) will be on my to-read list.

If I had to choose the dystopian YA romance novel, "Delirium" was a better read, and closely resembles the idea/story of "Matched".

My Paris Kitchen: Recipes and Stories